Go Back   www.ProModifieds.us > General Forums > Andy McCoy Race Cars Pro Modified Forum
Home FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Andy McCoy Race Cars Pro Modified Forum

Old 10-03-2003, 11:46 PM
The Professor Offline

Chassis Builders

Me and a friend are interested into getting into pro mod racing and we wanted some opinon from other fans and racers on who to choose to build us a real good race car. We are going to run a nitrous assisted car mostly on 1/8 mile tracks. We are familiar with TMcars, Jerry Haas, Tim McAmis, and Stroupe so we were hoping that we could get some assistance and advise from others.
Old 10-04-2003, 12:46 AM
C16burner Offline

Try reading the thread below.

http://www.promodifieds.com/forums/s...assis+builders
Old 10-04-2003, 07:00 AM
TheBlownHippo Offline

Who you want to build ur car can be made by what model car you want.

I mean, if you want something like a 68 Camaro, probably Tim McAmis is good for you, but something more illustrious like a 41 Willys probably Tommy Mauney?

I found good is there waiting list, the longer the waiting list, the more re-assured how good a builder they are. Sure, you may need to wait 8-10months for your car, but you'll know the right people are building it AND you'll have as a end result a stunning car which is sound in every way.

Hope this answers a question or two for you

Old 10-04-2003, 08:23 AM
gator Offline

model of car is irrelevant,,,,The ones you listed and Rick Jones can build you a good Car..call them & see if you can buy a used one somewhere to get started right!
Old 10-04-2003, 11:15 AM
The Professor Offline

Chassis Builders

We appreciate all of the adviseand we see that it's not so much what you buy its how you use it and if anyone has any good sources on finding a good used race car please post.
Old 10-04-2003, 03:24 PM
Barry Kuhlmann Offline

Bill Kuhlmann has both of his vette's for sale. One is a Bickel chassis and the other is a Kuhlmann chassis. Both are excellant cars and very reasonably priced. Go to Billkuhlmann.com for more info. He will probably end up racing which ever one he doesn't sell first.
Old 10-04-2003, 09:19 PM
Predator Offline

www.timmcamis.com

Tim and company have many body styles they build on-site....first-rate composites. Chassis construction is second-to-none.

They can also build cars to suit your preferences....call Tim for details. You can cannot go wrong with these guys. Just look around and you'll see their cars winning!
Old 10-05-2003, 03:53 AM
ProMod1965 Offline

chassis builders

Check Racing Junk .com & Race Exchange (Robbies web site) Gps Race Cars builds nice 57 & 67 nova
Old 10-05-2003, 11:29 AM
houseofboost Offline

I don't have any Pro Mod cars for sale, but I definately think I have some nice door slammers that might get you close to where you want to go.

I have a 1997 Don Ness Pro Stock Pontiac Firebird, lots of titanium parts, ex. KJ car. Car has been 6.8x with 500ci N/A Pro Stock motor. This car would work great for a fast door slammer class.

Also have a 1992 Don Ness Pro Stock Pontiac Grand Prix. This car has less than 60 passes on it since new in 1992. Car was used mainly in B/A but would also make a real nice car for someone.

Also have a 1997 Don Ness Pro Stock Oldsmobile Cutlass. This car is unbelievable. Titanium rearend, pedals, wheelie bars, etc... Car has show winning paint, etc...

If you're interested, call one of these two shops and talk to us.
660-332-9991/660-341-1320 - David Janes Race Cars
660-665-0838/660-665-8464 - Buck Bros. Racing

You could also talk to David about building you a new Pro Mod style car. Go here to see some of his work.... www.davidjanesracecars.com
Old 10-05-2003, 11:32 AM
houseofboost Offline

The Olds...
Old 10-05-2003, 05:04 PM
ZeroTo1320 Offline

Professor, checkout LJ freeman, toronto canada, he builds a killer car and the money exchange favors you greatly. I have owned several cars and currently own an LJ car, its the best car I ever owned, it will go down just about any track. He has just finished a new car (41 willys) for my son and will expect to experience the same thing for it. LJ 's workmanship is great and he is super to deal with. I'll give you his phone number if you reply. Phil
Old 10-05-2003, 09:59 PM
Kobelco_1471 Offline

Just call a chassis biulder, they can tell you who has a car for sale. They cna also tell you how the car has been treated and if it has ever been a good car to start w/. Mauney would be a good suggestion, he is very straight forward..........
Old 10-05-2003, 10:19 PM
The Professor Offline

Chassis Builders

Thanks for all the help. I will surely check into allof the tips you all gave me. If i can help any one of you on some advise just post and I will try my best to assist you in any way I can.

rules